Tuesday, April 29, 2008
This Sunday was also Connor's 5th birthday. As I had mentioned before, he kept switching party themes on me. He ended up wanting a volcano party. Volcano plates, napkins and glasses are very very very hard to find!!!! I found this recipe for a erupting volcano cake online and decided to give it a go. it was pretty fun and Connor was totally impressed. "At the end the top fell off, just like how the tops of volcanoes come off during eruptions
." said Connor when I asked him what his favorite part was. His favorite present was of course the NASCAR Jimmie Johnson bed tent from Auntie Karen. It won't fit on his bed anymore since we got the bunk beds, but he's been taking naps in it on the couch.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Happy b-day big guy! That cake is sooo cool! I wonder if Meg would appreciate a smoking and collapsing cake?
Kevin
you made that cake???? you are the best mom ever! i love the photo of him staring at it!
Happy Birthday!!! Wooo hoo...5 years old. Wow..Cari you rock in the baking department. I'm going to have to get some lessons from you in a few years b/c I know Yu-Lin would love that!!! Kristie
Post a Comment